Sport

Cristiano Ronaldo: “I’m Not Obsessed About Winning The Ballon d’Or” …Like Really?!
GQ!
ShareTweet+ 1Mail
Cristiano Ronaldo visits his museum in Madeira
On Saturday, Cristiano Ronaldo took some time off from his holidays and headed to his home town of Madeira.
It wasn’t just any old visit for the Champions League and Euro 2016 winner. Ronaldo was opening his Pestana CR7 hotel.
Featuring 46 rooms, Ronaldo is now a hotelier and also made a stop at his museum where he answered a few questions.
“I’m not obsessed about winning the Ballon d’Or”
During this Madeira trip, Cristiano Ronaldo answered a number of questions, to plenty of press present, including Marca.
Ronaldo confirmed today that he would not play for Real Madrid against Sevilla in the European Super Cup final: “I’m completely ruled out of the UEFA Super Cup on the 9th because I return to work [with Real Madrid] on the 10th.”
The Portuguese superstar also confirmed he wants to stay at Real Madrid: “I spoke to the president on the phone & when I get back to Madrid, we’ll talk. Obviously renewal is something I want.”
Surprisingly, Ronaldo claimed he is not obsessed with winning the Ballon d’Or: “Ballon d’Or is out of my hands but I’ll admit that I’m in a good position given that I won the UCL & European Championships. This season has been the best of my career, I have won two major titles with my club and country so it was something unique… Individual awards are always won without expectations, they’re not everything. I’m not obsessed about winning the Ballon d’Or.”
“I am feeling better”
Early projections after Ronaldo’s Euro 2016 final injury suggested he would be back for Real Madrid after the first international break of 2016/2017.
Ronaldo also spoke the knee injury caused by Dimitri Payet: “I am feeling better, I want to recover well and I hope to return as quickly as possible.”
Translation via @UItraSuristic on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gen. Tanko Ayuba Is Dead

CHANGE MUST BEGIN FROM THE NORTHCHANGE MUST BEGIN FROM THE NORTH